Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Blog as a Four-Letter Word

I didnt see any reading assignments for this week, but I did see this article on the list from a week ago and will use it for one of this week's assigned blog entries. - kind of ironic given the stories contents.
The more and more I find out about blogging the more I realize that what the author is saying is so true. We journalism (NMC) majors must be more versed with blogging.
The job hunt will be on in less than a year and I hope that blogging becomes a topic of conversation at that time. By then, I will have by own blog up and running and will be used to keeping it up to date and working. There is no doubt that blogging has become the stuff of writing amateur. However, it doesnt necessarily have to stay that way, does it?
In my mind, blog is not a four-letter word, it's a nine-letter word: necessary.

1 comment:

brhino. said...

"There is no doubt it has become stuff of writing amateur." This is true, however, blogs are on an upper lever. Magazines, newspapers and television stations all have blogs. Throughout my time as a NMC major, I have had two journalism internships. One, in New York City at Broadcasting and Cable magazine and the other, at the Portland Tribune. Throughout both internships, one of my main duties was to keep updating the blog. So I completely agree with you when you said "blog is a nine letter word." A 30px bold font word, NECESSARY. As Pam mentioned, if you don't have one, your behind. Newspapers and magazines are replacing print with websites and blogs. Unlike our parents and grandparents, the younger generations do not appreciate physically holding a newspaper while reading one. Blog, Blog, Blog.